Monday, August 17, 2009

Google Earth

"Google Earth is a virtual globe, map and geographic information program that maps the Earth by the superimposition of images obtained from satellite imagery, aerial photography" (Wikipedia, 2009). I have been using Google Earth for a few years now and I enjoy its technology and how we can see the world from a bird eye view. It is a lot more informative than the old rotating globes you used to get in the classrooms of yesteryear. As for myself, I use this technology in conjunction with Google Maps to see places I want to go to, where I have been and where my friends live. In a teaching sense you could use this technology if your class is learning about different countries or cultures. You could have a list a famous land marks and capital cities and ask for their co-ordinates which would be a great activity in Maths for mapping. The limits are endless. Picture - 36 Danastas Avenue, Eimeo C/O Google Maps

No comments:

Post a Comment